FW/1 4.0.0 Alpha 1 is available. At this point FW/1 4.0.0 is feature complete – there may be a few very minor changes between now and the Beta, and then only bug fixes through the RC phase. We’ve been using this develop version in production at work all along so I consider it solid enough for serious work.
The focus of the 4.0 release is on improving REST support. Improvements include:
- JSON-encoded POST body support.
- Controllers have easy access to HTTP headers.
- Builder syntax for
- Support for user-supplied rendering functions.
- Integrated support for HTTP
- Per-resource error handling.
- Setting status text (in addition to status code) in HTTP responses.
- Wildcard HTTP method support.
In addition, DI/1 has had a number of enhancements, including the addition of a builder syntax for programmatically declaring beans.
For more detail, read the Change Log for FW/1 4.0.